Opened March 1, 2019. Open until filled.
||Arctic Data Services, LLC (ADS) is a small but rapidly growing environmental consulting firm based in Fairbanks, Alaska. ADS specializes in providing third-party chemical data quality services to environmental contractors. ADS also provides a broad range of environmental and technical consulting services, including environmental site assessment, characterization and cleanup; groundwater monitoring; vapor intrusion; and phytoremediation.
||Senior chemist’s duties will include:
- Project management
- Client relations
- Performing data validation on a wide variety of analytical laboratory data
- Writing data quality assessments
- Coordinating and communicating with analytical laboratories
- Importing and exporting analytical data into and from a variety of databases
- Preparing quality assurance project plans (QAPPs)
Additional duties may include:
- Business development
- Conducting field work for environmental site investigations, including soil, water, and air sampling, occasionally in remote and/or rural settings
- Writing work plans, reports and a variety of other technical documents
- B.S. in chemistry or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in environmental consulting with an emphasis on chemistry
- Management experience (personnel and project management)
- Client relations experience, and understanding of Alaska environmental consulting industry
- Skilled technical writer
- Highly skilled at MS Excel
- Experience with database applications (MS Access)
- Extensive data validation experience
- Experience writing QAPPs, including UFP-QAPPs
- Experience with Department of Defense quality control systems
- Knowledge of Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation regulations (specifically 18 AAC 75, 18 AAC 78)
- Ability to work independently and a keen attention to detail is a must!
- M.S. in chemistry or related discipline
- Business development experience, including preparing and reviewing proposals and contracts
- Experience serving as project chemist on US Army Corps of Engineers projects
- Experience using FUDSChem, ERPIMS, or other DoD databases
- Programming and/or database experience (Ruby, Python, SQL etc.)
- Analytical laboratory experience
- GIS experience
- HAZWOPER training
|Hours and Compensation
||Full time averaging 40 hours per week. Starting salary depends on experience. Equity incentives and/or a profit-sharing bonus agreement will be negotiated for a successful candidate; we are looking for a highly motivated individual that will help grow our company and be committed to ADS’s continued success. Benefits package negotiable, but will not include health insurance.
Apply now! Email your resume and a cover letter (no more than 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference “Senior Chemist Position” in the subject. Include at least 3 professional references (may be listed on resume or included separately); preferably one reference will be a supervisor or former supervisor, and at least one reference will be a client or former client. Must be available to interview in-person in Fairbanks or Anchorage.