We offer a wide range of environmental consulting and contracting services for sites in Interior Alaska. We have experience managing projects at every stage, from the initial site assessment and characterization to cleanup and closure.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROJECT MANAGEMENT
We have experience managing a variety of environmental projects at every stage.
- Field screening and contaminated soil management for military construction, under the following specifications:
- Section 31 09 20.00 29 – Field Screen Testing of Soils for Chemical Contamination
- Section 02 61 13 – Excavation and Handling of Contaminated Material
- Contaminated sites and brownfields – site assessment, characterization, and cleanup
- Spill response, mitigation, and cleanup
- Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation
- Groundwater monitoring
- Soil remediation, including landfarming and phytoremediation
This page is still under development; we plan to include additional information about our main lines of service. In the meantime, contact us for more information or a project estimate.
CONTAMINATED SITE REMEDIATION
We have succeeded in closing many of the spill sites we have worked on, and have experience working with the ADEC contaminated sites program to move longer, more complicated sites toward closure. While we are a small company, we work with a talented and trustworthy network of subcontractors and partners: no project is too small or too large. We implement innovative solutions to save costs for our clients. These are just some of our success stories.
Home heating oil spill site, Pebble Drive, Ester, Alaska (2016): cleanup complete, site closed within 2 months of breaking ground.
Home heating oil spill site, Old Ridge Trail, Ester, Alaska (2018): using innovative approach with a specialty foundation contractor, structural engineer, and experience general contractor, removed 150 cubic yards of contaminated soil from the footprint of a house. Installed phytoremediation plot and a vapor mitigation system, and are working toward cleanup complete status with institutional controls.
- Circle School Teacher Housing (2017): achieved site closure with ADEC based on a subsurface characterization with our hand-held direct push drilling rig, at very little cost to our client.
- Home heating oil spill site, Goldhill Road, Fairbanks, Alaska (2019): working in extremely tight quarters, removed 100% of contaminated soil in 3 days with a mini-excavator and skid-steer loader (site closure pending).
Arctic Data Services, LLC provides thorough, defensible, and prompt chemical data review services at great value. Founder and principal chemist Rodney Guritz’s laboratory and environmental field sampling backgrounds make him a valuable teammate on any site assessment or remediation project. He is an excellent liaison between the project manager and analytical laboratory.
Arctic Data Services, LLC (ADS) is a considerable value to what our company does. They provide timely quotes, reasonable pricing, and an excellent product. On more than one occasion, our clients have returned high praise for the quality and thoroughness of the data review performed by ADS. Thank you, ADS!
ADS is fast and reliable, and their work is of the highest quality. They are flexible when needed and keep me appraised of their progress. I really like working with ADS.
Arctic Data Services did a fine job repairing our home and land after a home heating oil spill. They crafted an affordable solution to fix what the insurance company would not cover, which saved us a ton of money. The repairs to the house were done swiftly and the work is of fine quality. All of the subcontractors were very skilled and did an excellent job.